Center for Collaborative Policy, Sacramento State
The mission of the Center is to build the capacity of public agencies, stakeholder groups, and the public to use collaborative strategies to improve policy outcomes.
- Enhance the existing capacity of governing institutions to use collaborative methods (governance capacity);
- Enhance the existing capacity of communities and the public to collaboratively engage with governing structures and public policy decision-making (civic engagement capacity);
- Create and share knowledge about collaborative public policy development and capacity building (knowledge capacity);
- Enhance the collaborative policy and civic engagement network across the state (statewide capacity); and
- Continue to enhance the Center’s internal organizational capacity and provide opportunities for practitioners’ professional growth (internal capacity).