Partners for Western Conservation
The mission of Partners for Western Conservation (PWC) is to implement market-based conservation and ecosystems services to benefit wildlife, the environment, landowners, and the regulated community. The use of sound science, assistance, resources, and educational efforts will create a community of partners committed to the conservation and stewardship of land, water, air, and wildlife.
PWC Seeks A Conservation Market Emergence:
1) Passive regulations are not working - incentives are
2) There is a desire for more and better conservation - landowners want to participate
3) Ecosystem services can achieve goals and provide landowner income
4) One size does not fit all - flexibility does
5) The cost of waiting exceeds the cost of acting