Job, internship, and funding opportunities for collaborative conservation
Explore Further Topics
Western Landowners Alliance seeks an energetic and effective communications director to advance external relations for our rapidly growing West-wide non-profit organization. This position will report to the executive director. Preferred location is Santa Fe, New Mexico, though alternative arrangements may be considered. Travel and occasional evening and weekend work is required. The communications director will manage and produce external communications for the organization, including strategic communications planning, media relations, social media, website, newsletters, advertising and publications. The communications director will report to the executive director and work directly with communications consultants and members of the staff.
To view the full job description and apply, click here.
When a community asks for assistance with a project through the application, National Park Service staff provide free, on-location facilitation and planning expertise. We draw from project experiences across the country and adapt best practices to a community's specific needs.
NPS staff help:
- Define project vision and goals
- Inventory and map community resources
- Identify and analyze key issues and opportunities
- Engage collaborative partners and stakeholders
- Design community outreach and participation strategies
- Develop concept plans for trails, parks, and natural areas
- Set priorities and build consensus
- Identify funding sources
- Develop a sustainable organizational framework to support the project
Interested? Apply Today. In order to obtain National Park Service assistance for your community project, please visit the application page for more information.