What We Do
The CCC bridges the activities and interests of Colorado State University with people who do collaborative conservation in communities and local landscapes across Colorado, the American West and around the world.
1. Connect - We bring diverse people together to discuss, study, and act on critical collaborative conservation and livelihood issues.
2. Learn - We co-learn with current and future practitioners, scientists and other stakeholders about the theory and practice of collaborative conservation.
3. Discover - We create new knowledge that integrates local /indigenous knowledge with trans-disciplinary scientific knowledge to better understand and support action in collaborative conservation.
4. Share - We train skills and exchange tools and ideas with practitioners, researchers, students and other stakeholders who work on local collaborative conservation initiatives around the world.
5. Act - We support and enable collaborative action linking conservation and livelihoods on the ground.